om alt og /.kkeno ...

onsdag 30. september 2009

Robert Smith’s tips for sustaining a long career

• Write good songs: “I could write songs as bad as Wham’s if I really felt the urge to, but what’s the point?”

• Don’t worry about status: “I’m not going to worry about the Cure slipping down into the second division; it doesn’t bother me because I never expected to be in the first division anyway.”

• Don’t do it for the money: “I’ve never wanted a group to ever fall out about money. It’s not important. We earn far more than we should anyway.”

• Be inspired and love what you do: “I do a job I really, really love and I kind of have fun with. People think you can’t be grown up unless you’re moaning about your job.”

• Do things in moderation: “I think the rock’n'roll myth of living on the edge is a pile of crap.”

• Don’t worry about what people say or think about you: ” Most of the time I’m a professional idiot. I really don’t care about what other people think, which can be a bad thing.”

• Know when to quit: “If any of our songs ever did make it on the top ten, I’d disband the group immediately.”

atomic30cureweb2

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar